Sunday 24 October 2010

Bears

I have been working a lot with the bears this week (they are trying to keep me off primates as I'll want to stick to them once I start). I am starting to enjoy working with the bears more than I used to. Getting over the initail fear and the fact that they are quite slow has helped. There are 26 bears at the centre including one that was rescued this week. Asiatic black bears and Malayan sun bears (much smaller but longer claws). I got to give them a great enrichment, we drilled holes into logs and filled them with mashed banana and seeds. Its was great to see them spend ages tring to get into the logs. Its very hard to come up with enrichments that keep them busy for long periods of time so when we do its a wonderful feeling. They all have large enclosures to roam around in though so they are not usually bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment