Sunday 26 December 2010

Into the wild

Christmas was celebrted this year despite being in Thailand. I spent Christmas at the centre eating and drinking myself into a state of zombie. I shall be taking it easy for a while I think.

waterfall nap rock
My gift to myself was a two day trip into Keang Krachan, the national park nearby. I camped there and did a 16 km trek on the first day. We walked down to several spots along the waterfall past some huge old trees and great views. The waterfall was beautiful and I got to swim in the amazing clear water and have the best nap ever on a large rock (wouldn't have thought it could be so comftable)
leaping langur

One off the many pretty butterfies
The horrendous walk back to the campsite was worthwhile as I saw a wild great horbil and several families of langurs which was amazing. They throw themselves into nearby trees with what looks like no planning and let the trees break their fall. It was good to see them being free and wild and I loved it. The sunset and sunrise was impressive, had I had more energy I would have witnessed more of them. The second day was more relaxed with a picnic by the lake and stroll through a butterfly area. We also discovered wild leeches and what must be the most annoying sounding bug in universe, but all in all a great trip.

sunset
sunrise


No comments:

Post a Comment